1. Knowing the representations of the different actors (teachers and lecturers, learners, parents and tutors) and audiences of the teaching and learning process of the Portuguese Language in different contexts (integrated learning, parallel learning, free courses, as an option or integrated in the school curriculum, …) about the:
– characteristics and specificities of the Portuguese Language, in the different Lusofone areas;
– Characteristics and specificities of the Lusophone people
– difficulties and easiness in the teaching and learning of the Portuguese Language
– Linguistic educational paths (linguistic biographies), linguistic competences they have and the strategies used for Portuguese learning;
– The relationships they establish between “their” Portuguese and the other languages of their repertoire;
– the training needs felt by teachers and lecturers in terms of Portuguese Language and Culture teaching, based in ideologies about how a Mother Language(ML), a Foreign Language (FL) or a Heritage Language (HL) is taught.
2. Understanding the constants and variations of those images, taking into account the different contexts where they were diagnosed, as well as the kind of relationship that the subjects establish with the Portuguese Language (ML, FL or HL);
3. Create training paths for teachers and lecturers aiming at a pedagogical and didactical action, having their representations and those of their audiences as a starting point.
Our project therefore has a diagnosis concern as a starting point, aiming at action: knowing to take action!